HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCOA
We have known about the health benefits of cocoa for centuries. And now we have dozens of scientific studies to back up this historic knowledge. We can thank the high concentration of polyphenols (especially flavanols) in cocoa for these health benefits, even when compared to levels found in other sources like red wine and tea. Here is a list of some of the many health benefits of regular cocoa consumption:
- Cocoa and chocolate can cut your rate of heart disease, and cut the death rate of heart-attack survivors.
- Cocoa can help decrease the risk of stroke.
- Cocoa can decrease blood pressure, including in pregnant women.
- Cocoa has the potential to improve kidney function.
- The caffeine in cocoa can protect your skin against sun damage and skin cancer.
- Older folks who eat chocolate (and wine or tea) have higher cognitive abilities than those who don’t.
- Consuming cocoa powder can increase cognitive function and may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Chocolate can relieve stress.
- Eating cocoa or chocolate can increase feelings of satiety, which can help with weight loss.
- If you’re sick, cocoa can relieve coughs almost as well as codeine.
Confidentiality Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by returning it and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.