· These mushrooms are very strong antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from the negative effects of free radicals that are formed inside the body by daily exposure to the sun, chemicals, and pollutants. Reishis are proven to boost the immune system, especially when taken with other antioxidant supplements.
· It is believed that reishi mushrooms can suppress the growth of tumors in people with cancer. It can reinforce the membranes in cancerous cells to keep the tumor from spreading. For this reason, they are often used in efforts to prevent cancers.
· Reishis are also beneficial for people suffering from asthma and other respiratory conditions because it seems to have a healing effect on the lungs. They are good for building respiratory strength and curbing a cough.
· Reishi mushrooms have anti-inflammatory properties and are therefore used sometimes for patients who have Alzheimer’s and heart disease. This is based on the idea that inflammation plays a part in each of these conditions. The pain that accompanies other inflammatory conditions like neuralgia and arthritis may also be lessened by reishi mushroom supplements.
· As far as benefits for the heart, reishi mushrooms can improve the flow of blood to the heart and reduce the amount of oxygen the heart consumes. It can help to lower cholesterol and some of the ingredients may help combat high blood pressure.
Anca de Cercel N.D.Institut ANCA